HISTORY OF THE RUFUGIO
The first simple Refuge has been build in 1933 by Enrico Cemin with his wife Maria Rosa Vaia, chef in a hotel in Ora. In 1934 a fire ditroid the Hut and was rebuild in 1938 on the opposite side of the road where it can be more repair by winter snow. At that time the road was closed in the winter and only transport from Paneveggio were skiing and the St. Berdard dogs pulling a trolley.
During the years the building has been modified, renewing the heating, aqueduct and electrical plant. Just in 1969 the road from Paneveggio as officially opened but Enrico in the old age move to Predazzo to be assisted by his dauther Anna until his death. The Rifugio pass to Enrico son’s Mario and his wife Rina that has been the chef for over 40 years.
Now Mario’s son Angelo and the family take care of the family heritage welcoming guest and wayfarers.